Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sore Legs = Stronger Lungs?

So, I decided to do the little local 5k Fox Trot on April 28th. Have officially started training for it. Went online to register and the options were to "walk" or "run". Runners start first - promptly at 8:00. Then the walkers at like 8:05. Now how is that fair? Shouldn't the walkers get to start first? How am I going to feel if I start with the "runners" and I'm trotting along at my 3.0 pace... and the walkers start passing me up? So should I just register as a "walker" and if I jog, so be it? Well I guess the next few weeks will be telling. My legs are already so sore! The quads and hams are killing. I've been doing 30 minutes a day of stretching infused with some yoga/tiachi/ballet moves for a while now. But in the past few days, I've kicked it up a notch, digging deeper, stretching further, going lower...getting sore!

Well, I have to say I owe my newly found enthusiasm to a gentleman named Jerry Cahill. You can check out his story at the Boomer Esiason Website, which is listed on my blogs main page. Just click! You'll be amazed...

No comments:

Post a Comment